Complies with Following International Standards
ASTM D2435, IS : 2720 (PART-XV)
Details of the equipment
The equipment consists of following parts and accessories
1) Loading Unit
- Maximum capacity 20 kg/cm2
- Consisting of a loading yoke connected to a lever arm with a counter balancing adjustment and having a lever ratio of 1:10.
- The whole assembly being mounted on a steel frame stand.
2) Consolidation cellassembly-3 Nos.
- Fixed ring type for testing 60 mm dia x 20 mm thick specimens
- Fixed ring for specimens 60 mm dia x 20 mm thick with a guide ring
- Top porous stone for 60 mm dia specimen
- Bottom porous stone for 60 mm dia specimen
- Pressure pad - Perforated
- Channeled base with water inlet
- Flanged water jacket
3) 3 Set of weights to give apressure of 10 kg/cm2 on 60 mm specimen. Comprising as per following
- 7 off 0.05 kg/cm2
- 5 off 0.1 kg/cm2
- 6 off 0.2 kg/cm2
- 6 off 0.5 kg/cm2
- 5 off 1.0 kg/cm2
4) Water reservoir withplastic tube, T-connection and pinch cock : 3 Nos.
5) Electronic System
Comprises of LVDT Transducers, 3 - Channels displacement indicator with data loggingfacility to PC.
- Stroke :± 10 mm
- Linearity deviation : ± 1%
- Repeatability : ± 0.1 %
- Hysteresis : ± 0.5%
- Excitation : 2 V Rms, 2 Khz sinusoidal
- Temperature range : 0°C to 50°C